Birthday of the Hubs, and first Outfit Post of the Year!

It was Mr. Tiger’s birthday on Sunday, and we had a quiet little celebration at home. My in-laws came over and we had a biryani feast for lunch. Remember my recipe here? Just substituted chicken with lamb. And I’m proud to say that I controlled my portions :D.

This is what I gifted hubby dear:



Arber Eau De Toilette from The Body Shop. He’s been thinking of buying a perfume for a while, and I thought it would make the perfect gift :-). So this year was comparatively easy. I usually rack my brains every time it’s my Dad’s/Bro’s/Hubby’s birthday. Men are just sooo difficult to gift!!!

It’s got a nice masculine fragrance, not too strong, but just right. Now I feel I should have also got him the Hair and Shower Gel in the same range!!

I dug into my wardrobe and found this old patchwork skirt. It’s a hand me down from my sister, who hates, yes-hates skirts. My Mom got it for her from Bangkok and it languished in her wardrobe, and then I rescued it and then it languished in mine, a poor abandoned wardrobe orphan. Then I found another orphan, and voila! Now, they’re a family!!


FrillyTop: Pantaloons
Patchwork Skirt: Bangkok
Wooden Bangles: Exhibition and Fabindia
Beaded Necklace: aLL (a Little Larger)

The pic above came out a bit weird because I was in the middle of doing a curtsy and my hubs clicked away.


I teamed it with another long unworn beaded necklace and stack of wooden bangles. I love seeing other bloggers make stacks of bangles, but I'm kind of new to it. I also rearranged all my necklaces on hooks during the weekend, so now they are visible whenever I open my wardrobe!

I loved wearing this skirt. In fact I love all skirts and wonder why I don’t wear them often. Hmm...I can feel a fashion resolution coming up :). I guess pants/jeans/churidars are more practical when I’m out and about.

Do you have a particular love or hatred for skirts? Let me know!!