Outfit Post - Shades of Purple

This outfit post has been in the drafts for a while, and is finally seeing the sun now. Or maybe I should say, seeing the rain. Apparently, Kerala has received twice the amount of rainfall it was expecting this month! I do love the rain, but it is making going out pretty difficult, which means I have a huge list of errands lined up. Also, exercise is turning out to be a casualty – can’t bring myself to wake up early on cold rainy mornings, and the power cuts aren’t cooperating as well.

About this outfit, it’s nothing great, really. It’s just a white kurta with a purple dupatta and salwar and lots of purple accessories. I saw a similar color combination on Diana Penty in the movie ‘Cocktail’ and thought it looked nice. So I tried it out one day and kinda liked it on me too :-).


I decided to go with an embroidered satin bag in lavender.


I’ve had this bag for ages. My Mom got it from somewhere and gave it to me. I love this bag with all its embroidery but I have to admit, it’s a little difficult to match with my other clothes and as a result, does not get much air time.

Got some jewelry which matched exactly with my salwar and dupatta :-).



More purple jewelry:



I finished up the look with golden sandals.


Outfit Details:

Kurta – Westside
Salwar, Dupatta – Unknown
Bag – Gift
Sandals – ShoeMaker
Heart Pendant – Shopper’s Stop
Earrings – Pantaloons
Ring – Local Store
Bangles – Unknown
  

It’s been so long since my last outfit post, it feels a bit weird :-). I have GOT to do more outfit posts. I actually have a few inspirations stored away, so maybe I’ll cook up something soon!!

Source