My new House Guests!!


We have two balconies in our apartment, one of which serves as our clothes drying area. Lately, whenever I go open the door to that balcony, a pigeon goes flying out, its wings fluttering noisily away. Being ornithophobic , this makes my heart beat faster and I’ve been a little fearful of entering the balcony since.

I initially thought the pigeon was just using the place as shade against the hot sun, but yesterday, after the bird flew away, I moved in a little closer and this is what I found:


A little nest with two teeny meeny eggs!! The smart Mommy bird found a cool, shaded place amongst the old cardboard boxes and made an oval shaped nest in the available rectangular space!! Talk about making lemonade out of lemons!!

When I showed it to our maid, (who, by the way, was supposed to have noticed it earlier considering it’s a place she always ‘cleans’), she said it was probably the same bird that got chased away a few days ago from another flat in the building. Anyways, I really can’t do anything till the little birds are hatched and learn to fly by themselves. Till then, my new house guests can enjoy my hospitality!!