Decluttered!

One fact most shopaholics tend to forget is the principle of conservation of matter.

According to the 13th century scientist, Nasir al-Din al-Tusi, “A body of matter cannot disappear completely. It only changes its form, condition, composition, color and other properties and turns into a different complex or elementary matter”. Now, tell me, can you find better words to describe a wardrobe revamp? J Perfect, isn’t it?

So, before introducing newer items into my life, I decided to ring out the old first. I raided my wardrobe, bags, shoe rack, bathroom shelves and dressing table drawers. Tried on all my clothes, earrings, even lipsticks, and now I’ve ended up with a huge ‘discard stash’. It feels so therapeutic! I’ve called up my Mom and sis, and we’ll be having a quick little fashion swap this weekend. Yay!!

 Image courtesy: simple-ways-to

I was so hyped up with the whole exercise that I went ahead and made Mr. Tiger do the same. Even Cub wasn’t spared. That’s what happens sometimes; I just appoint myself the ‘Tim Gunn’ of the family and descend on everyone’s wardrobes. The only hitch is that my services are not specially requested for J.

So for those of you out there, who’ve got loads of new stuff this sale season and don’t know what to do with the old-but-in-good-condition stuff, you can donate it at the “Joy Exchange” at Pantaloons stores. This is in association with ‘Goonj’, an NGO that provides clothing and other basic amenities to the poor in far flung places in India.


That reminds me, in case you haven't heard, the Lifestyle sale is on at Bangalore, Mangalore and Hyderabad. Yes, yes, thank you, thank you :-)

Now, I’ve got space for more stuff. This time, I am going to ensure that I stick to my lists and don’t go berserk at the sales. I certainly don’t want any more clutter in my wardrobe. Just quality clothes that I love and can be worn in various ways!! 

What about you guys? Do you have a tendency to just buy and hoard stuff you don’t really love? Do tell me!