Accessory Organizers

I’ve always loved checking out how other women organize their closets, makeup, jewellery etc. on their blogs (Nosey, right? :-)). So, I thought I’d share some of my organizing solutions on my blog as well. Here goes!


Disclaimer: This is a picture heavy post!

1. Makeup Organizer

This little plastic organizer has little compartments that are perfect for a lipstick/mascara/kajal to fit in. It’s also got a drawer at the bottom for wider stuff. This clever little guy is from Dubai.




2. Cadbury Jewels Chocolate Box

This is to show how much I am into recycling :-). This box was a gift from an uncle. Once we finished up the goodies inside, we wondered what to do with the box – it looked too useful to throw away. And so it became a home for hair accessories. However, this doesn’t hold much, so I have the rest of my stuff stashed away in another Cadbury chocolate box!!



3. Bunny Basket

I got this basket from Crawford Market, Mumbai. I liked the bunny and the lace and didn’t really have a specific purpose at the time. I use it to put in sundry items like pins, a clip, phone etc.


Close up of the bunny pulling the basket:


4. Cutlery Tray

Yup, you read right, a cutlery tray! My drawers were a mess till I put this in. Now its all neat and organized.

5. Scarf and Belt Hanger

This red plastic hanger is really useful behind a cupboard door or on the wall behind the door. This one is from a store in Bangalore. 


6. Trouser Hanger

This Trouser Hanger from Big Bazaar comes in handy for heavier shawls and stoles. Also, it saves space since I can hang stuff in vertical layers.


7. Ferrero Rocher Box

I can hear you asking, “What’s with all the chocolate boxes?” Can’t help it, we have relatives abroad who always land at our place with boxes like these. And all the pretty boxes find alternate careers once the chocolates have gone their way :-). This one’s for my earrings. I might have to get another one soon, the pairs have begun waging war on each other!



8. Divided Plastic Box

This is a commonly available box with a lid and works for me since I don’t have a huge necklace collection and need to put just one or two pieces in each compartment.


9. Plastic Bangle Box

Another commonly available plastic commodity. It's not very durable however, and trying to get at a bangle stuck in the middle is a bit of a chore. Also, my chunkier wooden bangles don’t fit here.


10. Travel Makeup Pouch

Ok, this isn’t an organizing solution, just thought I’d show it here anyways :-).Got it as a gift.



Bonus two (not exactly my solutions :-))

11. Foldable Earring Box

This one came at an exhibition. It’s actually my Mom’s, I just sneaked it away for this post :-)




12. Wooden Bangle Stand

This one is my sister’s. She hangs her bangles, bracelets, necklaces all on this stand. I really like this and I’m gonna get one for myself soon. My Dad got it while on a train to Delhi. Honestly, you get some really cool stuff on Indian trains!!



So those were my (and Mom’s and Sis’) accessory organizers!! How do you guys organize your stuff? Do tell!!


This post is a participant in Org Junkie's 52 weeks of organizing. Check it out!