Sister's Spring Birthday!


Hi everyone and Happy Spring to people in the Northern Hemisphere!! I wonder if spring has any meaning here in India ;-). It’s quite hot already, though today is comparatively cooler. I was wondering why everyone was making a big deal about ‘the first day of spring’, and then dear Wikipedia explained it so – “In the USA and some other regions in the Northern Hemisphere, the astronomical vernal equinox (currently around 21 March) is often taken to mark the first day of spring”.

Even if we don’t actually have a spring season, it is something that evokes some kind of positive feeling in most of us. It feels like a beautiful start, some sort of clarity after cold weather. And of course, it does remind us of beauty; images of blue skies, bright flowers and green grass immediately come to mind.
 Image Source: gapphotos

Taking inspiration from this, I decided to go with a simple spring-y Indian outfit for my sister’s birthday. I teamed up one of my favorite Fabindia kurtas with a white chudidar from Max.

The spring elements I tried to bring out were the floral print on the kurta and the bright dupatta.



The earrings carried on the floral theme. If you look closely, you can see a flower embedded in the last bead.




While focusing on the flowers, we can’t forget the grass, can we?


Kurta: Fabindia
Dupatta: Melange by Lifestyle
Sandals: Mochi
Bangles: Delhi
Earrings: Don’t Remember

My sister turned sixteen this year. All her friends had come and there was a lot of screaming and giggling and other ‘teen’ noises. Here’s a little peek at some of the stuff she got:

A purple tote bag:


A pink stole with white pompoms and some trinkets:


Close up of a really cute neckpiece with a little mirror and comb and some smiley earrings:


There was some more stuff, some dolphin earrings and things, but these are all I got photos of :-).

We had a great time even though I was a little sickly. The good part of that was that I wasn’t in the mood to eat much ;-).

So how have you guys heralded the onset of spring? (Assuming you live in a country that has spring :-))

Image Source: Garfield.nfshost