A Brand New Year!!

It’s 2014!! Yippeee Yay!!!! A New Year that almost pushed its way through, considering most of us weren’t done with 2013 yet :-). It’s already the 3rdday of 2014, but it’s my first post of the year, so here’s wishing you guys a very Happy New Year!!


Everyone was doing roundups of 2013 on their blogs, but I passed, partly because I was enjoying the Christmas holidays with my parents and partly because I was kind of embarrassed that I hadn’t really done well with my goals. Anyway, I’ll do a quick catching up here:

1. I did eat a lot of fruit and veggies, but also more than my usual share of junk. Portion control, was and remains my weakness. Workouts were okay in the first half of the year but then on it was a train wreck, although I did try to run on fumes (literally) in the last couple of months.

2. I controlled my temper and held my tongue on many occasions and I’m really proud of myself for that. I also spent a lot of time with my family, mainly due to my brother’s wedding, but I wish I spent more quality time with Cub. On the plus side, I did pray more and reflect more on my relationship with God.

3. I wanted to get a proper Work at Home job, and though I didn’t get a full time job, I did land up a role as regular contributor at The Mom Views, thanks to the truly awesome Swapna. I also got a job offer at an IT company that was a good opportunity, but didn’t work out well for my family and me.

4. I was the least experimental with my style in 2013, but I was very good at controlling my shopping and was finally able to overcome my mad rush during the sale season. More ‘full wardrobe but nothing to wear’ moments in 2013 than in recent years.

5. And my biggest challenge of all – time management. I’m a little more aware now, especially after reading ‘Eat That Frog’. Which reminds me, 2013 was also the year of fewer books, movies and music.


And now for 2014. Here are my main areas of focus:

1. Portion control and fixed mealtimes. A workout everyday, even if it is for just 15 minutes. More Yoga.

2. More quality time with Cub. Also need to get him more interested in science experiments and starting to read by himself.

3. Stick to a daily routine for myself and the family. Include at least a couple of areas to declutter/deep clean a week. Spend less time on social media and more on work.

4. Write more. Blog more as well as look for other writing opportunities. Start learning Web Development.

5. Stick to a personal budget and one for the household. I’ve started using TrackEveryCoin and I find it quite useful and easy to use.

6. Experiment more with my style (I keep saying this). Aiming at trying at least one outfit inspired from my Pinterest boards every month. Read at least two books a month.

Now, I’m all excited about the New Year!


A lot of people are adopting a ‘Word of the Year’ to help them focus. I don’t know if one word would be enough, but if it were, I’d go with ‘Mindfulness’.

Source
I’m planning to do a monthly review instead of the weekly ones I used to do – I think it gives a little more room for reflection and understanding. Of all these resolutions, the biggest challenge is time management. I’m sure that once I get that in place, I’ll have a lot of stuff under control. I’m using Remember the Milk as well as my personal excel sheet planners to plan my day. Now all I need is self control!!!

Source

How about you guys? I’ve read many of your 2014 plans on your blogs :-). Do you have any word of the year?